Monday, March 21, 2011

The undeserving review of iPod Nano Gen4


The iPod is the only deserving material that has ever come out of the Apple brand *ducks pot and pans thrown by Apple fans*. Look, there’s a reason why I said this review is undeserving. It’s because it’s coming from me, a certified anti-Apple philistine.

Recently, I made a purchase on the 4th generation iPod Nano because my previous iPod Nano (2nd Gen) had the “white screen of death”. That basically renders my iPod Nano into an iPod shuffle…a $54 dollars rendering that still has me pulling my hair but I digress, i love my current iPod Nano for the simple fact that it is slimmer, with a curvaceous body and holds a lot more space for less than what I paid for (or whoever who paid for me, as it was a gift). I also love the fact that it is in the color I chose, yellow, and that it had a color screen that does more than just look pretty.

The intelligent screen adjusts to how your iPod is tilted and it even shuffles to the next song when you give it a shake. I know, I know, I have fallen for a gimmicky trend that Apple has forever used on its fanbase – make it look pretty, charming and make it useful for the most useless of things: music. Seriously, carrying 3000 song and do you listen to all 3000 of it? Unless you work in an environment where you get paid for listening to music, i doubt you’d even skim the foam of 300 daily. But anyway, anyway, anyway, the new iPod Nano has me in deep…oh fuck you, Apple…why did you have to create something so perfect and yet so useless?????

There is no need to speed up the culture of materialism, isn’t it?

What else? What else?

My yellow iPod Nano has an inscription on the back that says “This [insert sex here; gender, you pervert] sleeps with butterflies”. It makes it all the more endearing when we can customize it.

One gripe though, I find the Genius Bar in the iPod Nano to be demeaning to our intellect. We already have gadgets that help us crack and egg, do we really need a *genius* bar to help us pick our music? Well, maybe for the lazy asses who don’t want to use an iota of brain think this is a good feature. I think it’s Steve Jobs trying to put his paws on our individuality because he’s such a control freak – go figure, his Macs are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clean and virus free but hell, that’s just mainly because Macs are incompatible with so many programs. When you live in a controlled environment, it means your live in a place where the sort of diseases or viruses are controlled too. So, no Macs are not better than PCs because they live in a sheltered life – it just means they’re virgins – just like how the aliens in the movie War of the Worlds got pwnnedd by airborne bacterias and microorganisms in our air. They were in their little bubble heads and then when it’s out in the real world, they just die from diseases. this is what’s gonna happen when we take Steve Jobs out of the picture…Apple products, might just die.

Now how did I go off tangent from the iPod Nano, now? Okay, it’s a great gadget and worth getting because after all the generations, they’ve come pretty close to perfection on this one.

Apple site.

Posted by The Expedited Writer in Apple, iPods | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment